Superintendent Update: Afternoon, Thursday, March 12, 2020
Based on Ohio Governor DeWine’s mandate, Carrollton Schools will be closed beginning Monday, March 16 through Sunday, April 5. There will be no athletics beginning Monday, March 16.
We will communicate additional details as they become available.
Superintendent Update: Wednesday, March 11, 2020
We are following the recommendations of Governor DeWine and our local health professionals and receiving updates from them daily. Per their recommendations we are:
- Canceling all field trips and mass gatherings open to the public until further notice
- Following the guidelines of the Ohio High School Athletic Association for state competitions (ohsaa.org)
- Preparing for learning outside of the classroom, including online and instructional materials for those without access to the internet or internet devices
- We are following the lead of the State of Ohio and the Departments of Health (Ohio, Stark, and Carroll) in making the decision when/if to cancel classes.
- We recommend that students should continue to take materials home with them each night in the event that 'today' will be the last day of school for an extended period of time.
Text of the all-call message sent March 10, 2020 from Superintendent David Quattrochi.
Dear Parents and Community Members,
After consultation with the Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced today a recommendation to keep K-12 schools open. However, schools should prepare in case they do close in the future and parents should also be prepared for the possibility of needing to stay home with their children.
Effective immediately, our school district will be following the listed recommendations:
- All out-of-state trips are canceled until further notice (including the New York trip)
- All field trips are canceled until further notice
- Prepare for remote learning
- Postpone all indoor student performances and mass gatherings open to the public until further notice
- Awaiting guidance from Ohio High School Athletic Association (ohsaa.org)
We will keep you posted as information is presented to us.